Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pinch Me.


This week has been one of those weeks where it just seems like the bickering was magnified, the screams were amplified and the mischief was taken to all new heights. It seemed relentless, even down to the attempted 7 o'clock bedtimes that turned into late naps that turned into 11 o'clock bedtimes. I cant prove it, but I truly think that if you wake with your kids, and go to sleep with your kids and get little to no kid free time in between that your life expectancy decreases dramatically.
So as I sit here to recharge with my third cup of coffee I find myself the winner of the SAHM lottery.
My 4 year old is at school and my 19 month old is asleep in the other room.
Can you hear that?
Its quiet, except for the sounds of my typing and quiet noise of the news on the television.
THE NEWS!!
Not the brain piercing sound of the raspy Captain asking me if I know who lives in a pineapple under the sea.
Let me just sit here and soak this in.
.
.
.
.
Hells bells. Nap time is over. I hear my little tank thundering down the hallway.
Well, I will always have the memory of this sweet moment.

No comments: