Saturday, August 1, 2009


Last night Im helping my 4 year old get his pajamas on and as he steps into his shorts, his foot brushes up against me and its wet. He had just gone to the bathroom, so I suppose there's a number of reasons why he might have gotten his foot wet.
Right??
I brace myself for the answer and ask, "Why is your foot wet?"
Silence.
I repeat myself.
"WHY is your foot wet??"
I walk him into the bathroom and Im scanning to room looking for answers. Not much to see but a few drops of something wet on the rug in front of the toilet.
Trying to not over react on the off set chance he had a potty accident, I ask him again, as nonchalantly as an irritated mom can be.
"Honey? What happened? Did you pee on the floor? Why is your foot wet?"
He looks around and goes, "Umm (lie coming)I think maybe it got wet from the shower."
Looking at the bone dry shower I call him on his lie and ask him to tell me now what really happened.
"Ummm, I think maybe my foot accidentally fell in the toilet."
Ah, well okay then. I can only imagine the pickle one must find themselves in when they are standing at the toilet and their foot accidentally falls in. Must be one of the dangers of standing up to pee.
Deciding it wasn't worth it to press him for any info that I didn't really want to know, I asked him wash his foot and go to bed.

No comments: