Sunday, August 9, 2009

*blink*


Yesterday I took the kids to a friends house to celebrate her daughters birthday. She has four children so I wasnt terribly concerned about what my kids could get into.
Silly me.
I had a temporarily let my guard down and had the nerve to have a 30 second conversation with a girlfriend and my 20 month old disappeared.
Two story house. Bottom story filled with balloons, children and even a clown!
No kid though.
Stairs. GAH!
I ran up stairs and quickly scanned the room. Its a play room. Toys as far as the eye can see.
No kid though.
I start calling his name and running from room to room.
Where was he?
The master bedroom.
In the 30 seconds it took me to begin a conversation, my child decided against watching a clown, scrambled up a set of stairs, bypassed a room full of toys and found his way into the master bath.
I found him swirling toilet paper with both hands in the toilet bowl.
My friends husband said "If it makes you feel any better, I just cleaned that toilet yesterday."
...sigh....
Reason number six thousand eight hundred and twenty three why I avoid outings in which I cannot contain my kids either in a stroller, car seat or shopping cart. If I cant tie them down, I dont wanna go. ;)

No comments: