Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Note to my 4 year old

My child. My wirey, cute, spaz ass monkey. Trust me when I say this: You will not spontaneously combust, implode, melt, drop like a fly or cease to be if you stop talking for one minute. It just wont happen. In fact there is a whole plethora of wondrous things to be gained by your ever elusive silence. Like a properly finished phone call, a complete episode of Friends watched without resorting to reading lips and maybe just maybe a small break for a little mind who is obviously overworked trying to come up with such witty things as 'do cars drive on wiggly waggly garbage roads?' and 'look at me I'm sitting upside down' or my favorite ' can you poop on a chicken?'
So please, dont hurt yourself trying to fill up each and every waking moment with sound.
I never have and will never be able to poop on a chicken. Let me get that out there on the record. Pooping on poultry. Not gonna happen. Ever.
I have already seen you sit upside down. Its great. You've got the trick mastered.
Im not sure why you think your toes are crying, and singing about poop doesn't make poop cute.
You know whats really cute though. Seeing your beautiful face smiling at me and winking.
Oh and your mouth is closed. Thats priceless.
I love you.
~Mom

No comments: