Tuesday, April 14, 2009

French Toast; turn left in 2.5 miles



I made French toast this morning. After I had a sizable stack on the plate, I began my race to get the kids set up with food and still have time to eat breakfast myself.
(if the timing is off, the baby is done eating just as I sit down and he wants out of the high chair, and then wants to hang on my arm and make it extremely difficult to finish my meal)
So Ive got one scarfing food in the high chair, and one sitting/standing/playing/dancing at the table next to me.
My oldest cant just sit and eat. I think its physically impossible for his little body to sit still long enough to eat a piece of French toast.
Thats one slice of bread.
After 10 minutes when everyone else is finished eating and he still has a whole piece of toast there, minus one pitiful nibble, I mumbled "Seriously. You cant sit and eat your breakfast? Do you have ADD?"
And he stops dancing, looks up at me and says, "No! Ive got GPS!"

No comments: