Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cheese Balls


I am sitting here at the computer and my 4 year old is supposed to be at the kitchen table finishing his grilled cheese sandwich.
(I abandoned him 10 minutes ago after the rest of us ate our lunch and he was too busy playing and hopping all over. So he is on his own in there.)
He pokes his head around the corner and being the charmer that he is, he winks at me.
I ask, "Are you done with your lunch?"
He emerges from behind the wall and says "Yep! All done!" But he pauses to see if I'm buying his story.
I am not.
"Why do I not believe you? Go finish your lunch."
"Oh you believe it! I am done!"
(now he is standing there holding his crotch.)
"Do you need to go potty?"
"No."
"Then why are you holding yourself?"
He puts his arms up in the air and with a big grin he exclaims "Because I like to do that!"
Ok, that I believe.

No comments: