Friday, October 31, 2008

Boo!

Halloweens here!
I’m gonna scream and shout!
The goblins and ghosts are walking about.
But besides the usual spooks and scares…
What really makes me freak
Is taking the little ones out tonight
For the annual trick or treat.
Kids falling over and candy scattering
Over indulging, and tossed cookies splattering
Don’t cry, its not a ghost, its just a covered tree.
What? Here right now? You really have to pee?
Stop fighting, stop hitting, give that lollipop back!
Quit running you’re giving me a heart attack.
Your feet hurt now? Well take it as a sign.
Its time to go home. No? Okay, one more time.
Around the block to collect more loot.
But this is it, I’m putting down my boot.
Get back here, get up here, slow down speed it up.
What is that? Don’t touch that! No we cant have that pup.
I’m not gonna carry you, come on we’re almost here.
Thank goodness Halloween comes but once a year.
Then home again to begin the task
Of rationing candy, oh where’s my flask?
One more piece, that’s the last one.
Its time for bed, I know I’m not fun.
No you can’t sleep in your costume and not with your candy.
But here’s one last piece (these bribes come in handy)
I survived the outing, the kids were really wired.
Now its time for bed, cause dang it, I’m tired!

No comments: