Saturday, October 4, 2008

Well this is intimidating.

Ive decided to join the countless number of SAHM's who blog. This is just what you do when you are home with the kids right? Where to begin. What to say. Does anyone really even give a rats ass?
I am sitting here, with my 10 month old passed out in my lap, and my 3 year old bellowing from his bed. He can never just go to sleep. Its a process. A long drawn out process that includes umpteen kisses, multiple tuck-ins, and peppered with a few threats.
And after all that, there is still no guarantee that he will sleep through the night. Theres a high probability that he will wake up 1,2 maybe 3 times in the middle of the night and whine that spine tingling, hair raising, blood boiling whine "I cant sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!" Then I have to peel myself out from under my co-sleeping 10 month old, tip toe to his room and do that combo kiss/tuck/reassure/threat routine then bolt back to bed just in time to catch the baby who has now woken up and is inching his way towards the edge of the bed.
Rinse, and repeat.
I have not slept since 2004. And I think it shows. ;)

No comments: