Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lennie likes da bunnies ;)

So I was watching Oprah yesterday and Dr. Oz was explaining how when women are pregnant, their brains shrink by up to 8% because the baby is sucking them dry of all of the Omega 3's! So you know what this means?? Mommy brain is REAL! I cannot tell you how relieved I am to know this.
This explains a lot. Right after my second son was born, I was sitting with my husband and we were watching LOST together. Now even on a good day, LOST can be a bit hard to follow.My husband was trying to tell me his theories on what was happening. Then he would ask me a question about something that happened 3 seasons ago and I would stare at him blankly. He may as well have asked me to give a detailed breakdown of the inner workings of a rocket engine. I tried hard to think of something relevant to say, I paused as if pondering how to express my thoughts, knowing damn well there were no thoughts to express. In the end all I could do was stutter and lie. Then he would explain to me what was going on and my eyes would glaze over and my shrunken brain would wander off into a black hole until he would ask me a question and my mind would drag itself back into the present and I would do the only thing I knew how at that moment. I stuttered and lied again. He looked at me like I had been eating paint chips my whole life and eventually stopped talking to me about it.
But you see? Its not my fault! My kids took 8 % of my brain!
On the plus side, as my baby approaches his first birthday, I feel like I may have regained some of my brain mass. And just in time for the next season of LOST to start up.
I WILL be taking notes. =)

No comments: