Wednesday, December 31, 2008

shhhhhhhhHappy New YearZzZzZzZz....*

Its New Years Eve!!! You know what that means right???
It means:
At 7 o' clock the kids get put in their jammies.
At 7:20, I put on my best pair of pajama bottoms and a clean sweatshirt.
What? I dont want to look sloppy on New Years Eve! Dang.
At 8 I get the kids ready for bed. (which means I just threaten them. "Its almost bedtime! Im serious this time!!"
At 8:30, I update my blog. (because millions of readers are on pins and needles waiting for these tasty morsels. *snicker*)
By 9, I will have my kids in bed.
I will then have maybe 10 minutes to sit on the sofa next to my husband while we stare pitifully at the TV and reminisce about the New Years Eve parties of yore, while sipping a glass of wine.
Then he will probably turn on his Playstation, which will in turn lead to me downing the rest of my glass of wine and retreating to the bedroom. I will sit in bed and play my Nintendo game with one eye, while watching Dick Clark on the television with the other eye.
At 11:59:45, I will pause my game, sneak out of bed and go out into the den. I will either smack my husband on the head to wake him up, or I will stand in front of the TV, thereby forcing him to leave his buddies in the "trenches" (or whatever violent crap it is he is currently playing) and tell him "Happy New Year!" Give him a celebratory kiss. Then back to bed I go.

Doesnt get much better than that. =)
Happy New Year everybody!

No comments: