Friday, December 12, 2008

They're coming to take me away, HaHaHoHoHeeHee.....

Im convinced my children are conspiring against me. I think they have secret meetings cleverly disguised as "playing nicely in their room". They talk about what they can do to push me over the edge. They wont stop until they see me taken away by the nice men in the white coats who will whisk me a away to a happy place with pretty pills and padded walls.
The cold weather has kept us indoors more than usual and my 3 year old has had to come up with new activities to entertain himself. Fun games like "Take the toy from baby brother." or "Push baby brother down for no apparent reason." or "Get in baby brothers face and growl like a rabid bear and scare the piddle out of him."
You know. Fun games.
And then of course his baby brother has to entertain himself as well. He chooses such games as "Try to get big brothers sippy cup, then cry when I cant have it." and "Walk around all the tables and counters in the house and look for anything hanging off the edge and pull it down and make a mess of it." or my favorite "Push the buttons on the TV and turn the sound off over and over and over and over and over and over and over again." This last one provides all day entertainment.
The best is when the two get together and play said games simultaneously all throughout the day until I am ready to pull my hair out, sit in a corner and rock back and forth while rolling up little balls of foil.
Well break up the day you say. Do activities with them you say.
Okay.
A few weeks back my husband brought home an activity book so my son and I can make paper snowflakes. I had been avoiding this because inside this activity book is a little bottle of glitter.
Glitter.
You know what glitter is right? Impossibly tiny flecks of shiny shit that stick to every surface with stubborn might and duck and dodge all efforts to remove them and then 2 years down the road when you least expect it, something shimmery will catch your eye and you will look down and see a piece of glitter smiling up at you. It may even be flipping you off. So yeah, thats glitter.
Anyways....I saw my 1 year old playing nicely with his toys in the living room and jumped at the chance. I brought the 3 year old into the kitchen and we colored snowflakes. Then I put some glue on them and then I let him go to town with the glitter. It was good for about 15 minutes of sparkly fun.
After we were done, I started to clean my kitchen which by now looked like a disco ball exploded into a million tiny little silvery pieces, and my son took off back into the living room and snatched a toy away from his baby brother. Which in turn made him cry. So here we go again.....
If anyone needs me, I'll be in my driveway waiting for the nice men in the white coats. Whats taking them so long?

No comments: