Monday, January 19, 2009

Boys N Berries

Its not lost on me that men have such a love for their man parts. Gotta check on them periodically throughout the day. Make sure they are still there. I get it. What I didnt know, was how soon this fascination starts.
My 1 year old has already bonded with his little berries. Every chance he gets he grabs them. Tugs on them and likes to stick things on them. Whatever he has in his hand at the time of a diaper change, he wants to see how it feels on his bitty beads.
Lotion bottle? Hmmm, lets put it on my baby bits. Baby rattle? Put it on my baby bits. Ooooh mommys cell phone? Lets try THAT on my baby bits. Hotwheels, phone charger, sippy cup? You name it. If its in reach and his nethers have been freed from their pamper prison, lets try it out!
It must be some primal instinct. I imagine caveman babies did the same thing. As soon as the cavemommy took off the woolly mammoth loin cloth, the little cavebaby instantly took a cold rock and pressed it on his cavebits.
And so it was, and so it will always be.
And as proud daddies everywhere look on, they will puff up their chests, pound on them and grunt with pride.
Or maybe its just my husband that does that.

No comments: