Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Words of Wisdom

Im trying a new approach to get my 4 year old to stop being a bully to my 1 year old. Apparently just telling him to stop over and over wasn't getting my point across. So I told him that he has to help me teach the baby how to be nice. He looks up to his big brother and wants to do everything he does. So lets show him how to do it. At first he just followed the baby around the house petting him on the head and saying "See Mom, this is being nice." Well yeah, I suppose it is a step up from pinning him to the floor like he did this morning.
Then he told me all the things you need to do to be nice:

1. Never pee in your diaper when the sun is up.
2. Don't pinch.
3. Share toys.
4. Never poop on someone. (this is an important one, I have to agree!)
5. Don't spray water on people, only grown ups.
6. Never kick people.

Thats it! Thats all I need to do? So next time I get cut off on the road, instead of mumbling something obscene that will eventually be regurgitated back at me by my son when I least expect it, Im going to simply say "I will not poop on you."
Who knew it was so simple?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL! Good luck with that one.