Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Well since I have this soap box here.....

I just got done getting a snack for my son. I peeled an orange for him, broke it up into segments, lifting each one up to the light to check for seeds and then put them on a plate for him. He said I was the best orange maker in the world.
Hey I try.
My youngest took a 2 hour nap on my chest this afternoon, which left me sitting in front of the computer surfing the far corners of the internet. CNN is a favorite read, though rarely does it offer happy light reading. The stuff in the news is pretty disheartening to say the least. It sort of smacks me and puts things back into perspective.
Most of my posts here are just bitch sessions rolled up in candy and wearing a clown nose. It seems so much easier to ramble on about the numerous annoyances that go along with raising little human beings than it is to gush about how much I love it. And truth be told, who wants to hear that sappy crap all the time?
But at the end of the day, after the butts are wiped, the time outs are had, my voice is rested from a double shift of repetitive disciplining, these two little boogers are the absolute light of my life. When I hear my son tell me I am his favorite Mommy and I see my babies round little face peering at me over my husbands shoulder as we walk down the street, his big curls bouncing with each step, I melt. There are so many times when I just watch them and I'm in awe. I think I need to say it out loud more.
So please enjoy reading about all of my wonderful misadventures as I wander clueless down this path, with my two tour guides pointing at me and laughing, but don't think for one second that I don't see the bigger picture here and appreciate what I have.
With that, I will step down off of this soap box and put it in the garbage. Never did like those things. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very well said. You're such a good Mommy. = )