Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Them? They're my theme music. Every hero's got to have some.

Anybody remember that movie "Im Gonna Git You Sucka"? I love that movie. They talk about needing theme music. Every hero's got to have some.
Not that Im a hero or anything, but I think the theme song to my life right now would be the theme song to the Benny Hill show.
And put a day in my life on fast forward and it would be 3 minutes of me running around like a spaz chasing kids. Taking the baby off of the kitchen table, getting lunch out of the microwave. Getting the 4 year old to sit down and eat the lunch. Getting the baby off the kitchen table. Turning the TV off so the 4 year old will eat lunch. Letting the dogs out. Getting 4 year old back at the kitchen table. Taking baby off kitchen table. Letting dogs in. Waiting for 4 year old to get out of the bathroom. Getting baby out of the trash can. Wiping 4 year olds butt. Getting baby off the kitchen table.
Add that Benny Hill song and its quite comical.
The same theme song could be used for my alone time with my husband.
No. Im not talking about sex. (though THAT would be funny!)
I mean just being alone with him without the kids.
The stars aligned just right and both kids were in bed at a decent time last night. So I went into the study where my husband hangs out on the computer and we had the first half of about three different conversations. We never get to finish one because we are almost always interrupted multiple times by our children. I think they use echo location, like dolphins and if my husband and I are too close together they sense it and wake up. I bet if I listen really hard, I can hear them clicking in their sleep, trying to determine where I am in the house. Anyways by the time I have settled them back down and returned to the study I have either forgotten what it was I was talking about or have given up on it entirely. Our talks usually go something like this:
So how was your day?
It was good. Today our boss decided that we needed-
(crying from the other room)
Damn, I'll be right back.
(tend to child. return 10 minutes later)
So. I spoke to so and so today, they want to get together this weekend. Did you have any plans?
Um, I dont think so. Oh I wanted-
(4 year old yelling for more water)
Crud. Hold on.
(get 4 year old water and tell him to go to sleep.)
Anyways....where were we? Oh I got your outfit ready for tomorrow. Are you going-
(baby crying)
Shit.
(take care of baby. Return 10 minutes later)
We resort to one word sentences and grunts at this point.
Ok.
Hmmf.
This is fun.
Loads.
Long "standing in a crowded elevator" pause.
Tired?
Yep.
K. Goodnight.
Night.

Yep. That theme music fits perfectly.

No comments: