Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Please, Sir. I want some more."


Fish swim to the top of the tank when they see their owner approach with the fish food. Cats reveal themselves from wherever it is they have been hiding at the sound of the can opener. Some dogs get all giddy at the sound of car keys or the jingle of their leashes. My dog, she goes nuts when she hears the high chair being pulled into the kitchen. Delilah will pace the floor in a circle around it and patiently wait. Her patience consistently pays off too as about 3 minutes into meal time, all kinds of goodies start raining down on her, from either my son aiming for his mouth and overshooting, or simply tossing it over the side. Both of which are great fun. Plus, anything that removes spilled food from the floor without my involvement is a win/win in my eyes. ;)
Who knew that 5 years ago, when we took this scared little stray dog in from off the street, that she would have such an important role?

No comments: