Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Huh?


I think its funny that my 4 year old will argue with my 18 month old. The tiffs usually go like this:
"Gaa!"
"Stop telling me what to do!"
"Baba?"
"No!"
"Lilah."
"I am NOT Delilah. She is a dog!"
"Bye-bye Dada mumble/babble/coo"
"I SAID STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO!"

Though I suppose this shouldnt surprise me. The kids got some wiring issues that Im fairly certain came from my side of the family.

The other day he was playing on his little plastic slide when all of the sudden he bursts out with "I do NOT like doctor appointments for me! I said NO MORE!" He is looking and my husband and I with this mean look on his face like we just got done poking him with sticks and making him eat lemon rinds.

I picture a little wheel in his mind spinning around with all the possible topics of discussion on it. And him choosing to stop the wheel on whatever topic allows him the most dramatic facial expressions and with enough gusto to carry on for the longest period of time.
"Poop on a chicken" nope. Use that too often.
"Dont like the new bathroom floor." Thats a good one but I'll save that for later.
"I dont like to try new things." Nah. Lost its effectiveness.
"Traumatic doctor visit." YES!

No comments: