Friday, May 29, 2009

That S on your chest. Is that for "Stinky"?



I bought two pillows today. So when my husband came home from work, I pushed two little kids at him and I retreated back to our bedroom and tried them out. I was laying there in the quiet listening to the kids yelling and laughing and being kids. Usually when that noise is happening in my ear continuously its quite a racket. But from here on the other side of the house its nice. I like the sound of my children playing.
As I am enjoying the peace and listening to the background noise of high pitch squeals and laughter, the concert takes on a new tone. A deeper and more urgent one.
"Honey!"
Uh oh.
I know that "honey". That's used when I'm needed to save something, patch someone, or clean something up.
"Honey!!"
Ah shit. Better shake a leg.
I run down the hallway and meet my husband at the baby gate and he is holding my 18 month old across his arms, like he is flying him around like Superman.
Only Superman doesn't look like this.
My son is naked from the waist down and spotted from butt to toe in doody.
Yes. Poo.
He took it upon himself to fill his diaper and then take it off. He tried to hand it to my husband who had thus far apparently not been paying a whole lot of attention.
So I took Superman and fly him down the hallway and straight into the shower, while my husband cleaned up the mess in the den.
I have to giggle because this is once again something that would only happen when Daddy is on duty.
(or is it doody?)
My new pillows seem really nice. But I guess I will wait until the kids are in bed to test them out again.

No comments: