Monday, May 18, 2009


My husband loaded the dishwasher last night. Which was a God send because the kitchen was the same temperature as the sun and I would have just let the dishes scum over until fall.
After he loaded it he came in and asked me about the new dish detergent packets I recently bought.
"You just put it in the little tray?"
"Yep. Put it in the compartment with the door and thats it."
Easy as 1-2-3.
He ran the dishwasher and went to read the paper.

Later on I decided to brave the heat and empty the dishwasher. I started at the top an put away all the cups (including about a kajillion sippy cups).
Then I moved on to the bottom section and put a few plates away then reached for a large Tupperware container and nestled inside looking like a hobo who's just happy to have made it this far before getting caught, was a tiny little packet.
Of dish detergent.
Still in its plastic wrapper.

I overlooked one important step when I was telling my husband what to do. I failed to say "Unwrap the little detergent cube first."

So if you happen to visit in the next few days, carefully inspect your glass before you take that first sip. I got most of the cups and bowls out of the cupboard and back into the dishwasher for a second cleaning, but Im not sure I got them all.
And forgive me if your tea tastes a bit like OJ, or your bowl of ice cream has a dried green bean waiting for you at the bottom.

In my husbands defense though, it was really hot in there. Perhaps he was suffering from the early stages of a heat stroke.

No comments: